Top 7 First Tinder Date Ideas
When you first start dating on Tinder it can seem a thrill of endless matches and connections. Fast forward a few weeks or months when frequent daters find that chemistry can only really be determined in person, and repeat happy hours with bad matches can grow tedious. Though most every online dater has their share of trial and error matches, for those who want a particular date to be a standout experience, here are some of the most creative Tinder dates you can have!
1. The Never Date: Unlike the college drinking game where you take a shot when you haven’t done a particular activity, the ‘never’ date is about discovering something both of you have never done through activities! This is also a great getting to know you conversation via phone or Tinder messaging. Maybe you’ve never been to sushi, a local amusement park, Ethiopian food, or a district in town. Whether it is golfing, yoga or something adrenaline enhancing like skydiving, doing something for the first time together will yield big fun and more connection!
2. Picnic: Take your date back to basics with a new spin on an old favorite. Picnics show time, planning, effort, along with being a great way to relax in a casual setting and really get to know someone. Purchase a picnic basket which comes with place settings and decide on a theme for your meal- basic sandwiches or even a fancier greek salad and spanakopita. Your date will be impressed by both your planning and the delicious meal you arranged. Choose a luxurious outdoor setting and away you go!
3. Get Creative: Arrange a class or workshop for you and your date. Perhaps cooking, art, pottery, or more. Learning a new activity will keep you busy, conversation flowing, and a memory to look back on fondly or a new skill or interest! This shows planning and also that you are well rounded and open to new activities.
4. Make-Under: Instead of the pressure of dressing up for a fancy date, consider meeting for an excursion that allows you to see the person they are without all the worry and fuss. Love the beach, lake, pool, or a waterpark? Try that! Bonus points you might see them in a bathing suit, weather permitting!
5. Dinner And A Movie: Dinner and a movie used to be a basic date, but compared to the usual happy hour dates that new matches do on Tinder, you might stand out if you ask them on a classic date such as this!”’
6. Adventure Seeking: You may regret it later, but ever wanted a tattoo, to sky dive, extreme sport, or bungee jumping? If your date seems a little wild and up for anything, challenge yourself.
7. Game Night: While group settings aren’t for every new dater or couple to be, consider hosting a couple’s game night. Invite new and old couples so you have a mix of relationship types, then get busy with Trivial Pursuit, Scattegories, or Taboo!
A creative Tinder date can’t create chemistry where there is none, but it can definitely help spark a fire!