Snapchat Search: How to Find Someone on This Messaging App
When it comes to using apps like Snapchat, you may wonder who you’re communicating with. Whether you’re investigating a current Snapchat connection, someone who wants to follow and connect with you, or want to find a specific user, there are Snapchat search tools that can lead you to find a profile.
Snapchat is an app which works with your smartphone and, therefore, syncs up with your address book. If you have a user in the contacts of your phone, their Snapchat link will show up for you. However, if they have you in their phone contacts and you don’t have them in yours, only they will see you. If you suspect a username is someone you know, add their name and number to your cell phone and see if it shows up as matching the username you suspect!
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Look at your profile, along with options such as, “added me,” “add friends” or “find friends.”
- Select “add friends.” From there you will see the username of those in your phone contact list.
- Tap the tab selection next to each user’s name to add them. This should show as a “plus” symbol.
- Once you have added them, you will be connected and follow their content/ be able to communicate.
Please note that Snapchat now has an “opt-out” feature for those who do not want to be discovered through their phone number. Since the person you’re looking for may have opted out it is possible that a ‘username’ search will serve you better (see below) than an address book search alone.
Add … Then Delete
You also have the option to start following a user (by adding them) then look through their story or public snaps to see who they are and view their profile. If the person isn’t whom you thought, delete them. If their profile is vague and you still don’t have confirmation of their real-life identity, unfollow them and try other means to find out who they are.
Snapchat Search by Reverse Username
You can also search by username directly on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app and swipe down, which will reveal the app options.
- Find “add friends” and select.
- Rather than search through phone contacts/address book, select “find by username”.
- Type in the username in question and Snapchat will give you all applicable results! These will be users across the app, not just those already in your phone contacts.
No Results? Not the Results You Wanted?
Unfortunately, as with all self-directed searches, one does not always find the results one hoped. If your Snapchat searches have not been what you wanted, consider using a master search.
One option is Social Catfish. Instead of only being able to conduct a phone number or username search, Social Catfish reverse username search has an “across the net” expert algorithm search method. This will let you search all major search engines and their link to apps and social media accounts.
You will be able to search by username, social media pages, images, nickname, phone numbers and more. Consider this method if other results haven’t been useful.