When we think of video chatting apps, the first one that usually comes to mind is the Skype app. Some people use it in their everyday lives messaging and video chatting with their friends, family, and business colleagues to keep in touch with video calls and messages. However, there are people that use it for bad intentions as they try to sneak messages and calls from certain people they probably shouldn’t be talking to. Whether it be your significant other cheating or a child talking to someone they shouldn’t be talking to, then lying about it saying they don’t have a Skype, it is always important to find out the truth and find who you want on Skype. It is also good to know how to perform a Skype search in case you want to add new people, get a divorce or break up with your significant other, or find someone you lost touch with to catch up.
What is Skype?
Skype is a telecommunications app that allows you to video chat, voice chat, and instant message your contacts. It can be used for keeping in touch with your family and friends, or for business and school purposes using video conference calls. Skype offers free services, such as video calls and voice calls being sent from one Skype account to another Skype account, and also offers services you can pay for, such as calls to landline or mobile phones. It has been banned on some networks to prevent certain people from using Skype for inappropriate purposes, such as those who are cheating on their significant other.
How to Search For Someone on Skype’s Contact List
- Go on to Skype and log-in to your account.
- You can either go to the Skype menu and then click on your contact list or search their name in the search bar on your left-hand side. Whichever is available depending on if you’re using a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Enter either the Skype name, actual name, email address or phone number of the person you want to find and click “Search”.
- You can even search the person you are looking for by location by also entering that in the search bar.
- Example: John Smith in California
- You can also see how many mutual contacts you have to make sure you are adding the right person.
- Click “View” to see the list of Skype users that fit what you’re looking for.
- Click the “Add Contact” button on the person you would like to add to your Skype contacts.
- If you would like, you can write a message to the person you would like to add in the text box Skype provides you with.
- Click the “Send Request” button and wait for them to accept your friend request. Once they accept it, they will show up as online and you can message and video chat with them.
How to Perform a Skype Search Using Facebook
- Go on to Skype and log-in to your account.
- Go on to the Skype menu and click on “Contacts” followed by “Import Contacts”
- Click on the Facebook tab
- Enter your Facebook email and password when it prompts you to do so and click “Import”
- Scroll down your Facebook contact list, and select the person you want to add to your Skype
- Click the “Add Contact(s)” button and wait for your Facebook friend(s) to accept your request
- If some of your contacts have a “Send Email to Invite” option that means either they don’t have a Skype or their Facebook account isn’t connected to their Skype account.
Tips if You Can’t Find Who You’re Looking For Using The Listed Skype Search Methods
- Try and look at what they are doing on their phone or computer when they are using it.
- Lookup any known nicknames they might have, such as “Charlie” if their name is Charles.
- Browse their social media profiles to see if they have their Skype name listed anywhere on their profile or posts.
- When they aren’t looking or aren’t home, check their devices to see if they have Skype installed.
- If it’s your child, block Skype on their devices using parental controls on whichever device you’re using.
- Perform an image search to see if their profile picture is being used on their Skype profile.
And the Last Tip…
If you can’t find who you are looking for using these above search methods, you can always rely on Social Catfish. We have a reverse search platform that allows you to search any name, email address, phone number, social media username, and/or image to find the person you are looking for on any social media platform, such as Skype. If you really need that person’s Skype information, you can always count on us to help you find who you are looking for.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.