Many ladies who are a part of the LGBT community are tired of using apps like Tinder and Bumble since there are times where you have to weed out girls who are not apart of the LGBT community. Because of this issue, app developers have come up with dating apps specifically for the LGBT community so that they can meet up with people who feel the same way about them and develop a relationship. One of these apps developed for girls who like girls is called Zoe dating app.
What is the Zoe Dating App?
The Zoe dating app is catered for girls who like other girls, whether you are a lesbian or bisexual/pansexual. This app allows you to meet other women and swipe either right if you like her, or left if you want to pass. If you swipe right, you can message other women and get to know them.
With this dating app, however, it is always wise to be careful of who you are talking to since many users have reported that there are a lot of scammers and catfish within this dating app. Instead of finding your forever, you could be losing out on your life savings instead.
Romance Scammers Are Plaguing the Zoe Dating App
Romance scammers go onto online dating sites and message random people, stating that they thought you were cute and want to get to know you. She usually moves the relationship faster than normal and gets you to fall for her faster. Once she knows that she have gained your trust, she starts asking you for money quickly. She usually asks for a small amount of money, then increases the amount for different crazy excuses she comes up with, draining your life savings. She then stops talking to you once you can’t give her money anymore.
Signs that you are talking to a romance scammer:
- Her picture looks highly edited or of supermodel status. This is because they don’t want people knowing they stole the pictures from someone else, so they edit them to make it harder for image search technology to locate where the image came from.
- She asks you for money. They will make up an emergency or a believable excuse as to why you should give them money.
- She forms a relationship with you quicker than normal. They will try and gain your trust quickly so that you’re more vulnerable faster when they ask for money.
- She claims to work overseas. They will tell you that they are in the military or an oil company that has sent them overseas to work. This gives them the excuse to prevent video chatting you or seeing you in person so that they can continue pretending to be someone they aren’t.
How to Avoid Romance Scammers on the Zoe Dating App
- Be aware of heavily edited photos. If her pictures are heavily edited or of supermodel status, this could be a sign that she’s a romance scammer. They choose good looking girls to lure you in and then edit the picture heavily so that you can’t perform an image reverse search on it.
- Don’t give anyone money for any reason. If a girl you met online asks for money, then she’s probably trying to scam you. She probably has family or friends that could help her out financially, she doesn’t need someone she just met online to help her. All she wants is to take advantage of your love and get as much money out of you as she can.
- Take it slow with your online relationships. Rushing into a relationship could mean putting your full trust in her without even getting to know her. By taking it slow, you know what her intentions are and are less likely to fall for her scams. If she can’t respect that you want to take things slow, she doesn’t have good intentions and is trying to take advantage of you.
- Video chat or meet her in person. By video chatting her or meeting her in person, you’re verifying that her identity is real before you get to know her. This will help you weed out the scammers and only talk to girls who are who they say they are.
- Be wary if she says she works overseas. Romance scammers like to say that they work overseas so that they have an excuse as to why they can’t video chat with you or meet with you in person.
If you feel like you’ve been a part of a romance scam on the Zoe dating app, Social Catfish is here to help you! You can take any name, username, email address, phone number, or image of the girl you have been talking to and reverse search it to see who it really is. This will allow you to see if you’ve been talking to a romance scammer, or if who you’re talking to is who she says she is.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.