Pinterest allows you to find and share interesting images, such as quotes, recipes, furniture, artwork, home decor, food, clothing, and more. You get to connect with people who have the same interests, be inspired by their work, and have yours recognized. Whether you’re looking for someone on various social media platforms or you’ve been a victim of scams, you must know how to perform a Pinterest search and find someone on Pinterest. In this article, we will give you a comprehensive guide on the different ways to search for people on the platform. Keep scrolling!
What Is Pinterest?
Pinterest remains one of the biggest social networks in the world. As of 2020, it has gained around 460 million active users. This platform allows you to pin or share interesting content on your board. Whether you’re trying to find wedding, fashion, home decor, or DIY ideas, Pinterest has something for you. You can think of it as an online scrapbook filled with catchy and colorful images.
How to Find Someone on Pinterest
You may want to connect with other pinners who share the same interests. Or you have been a victim of scams, so you want to know your options. Start by knowing how to find someone on Pinterest. Below is a step-by-step guide for you:
Search Someone on Pinterest by Username
If you are using your phone, find someone on Pinterest by following these steps:
- Open the Pinterest application on your phone.
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Click on the Search icon (magnifying glass) found at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter the username of the person you’re looking for.
- Use the advanced search button on the top right part of the platform.
- Select the option “People” in the search filter. You will then see a list of Pinterest users with similar names or usernames.
- Select the name that matches your search and check the profile. In case you don’t find the username, you can tap on the arrow after the list so you can expand the search.
If you are using your personal computer, follow the steps below to find someone on Pinterest:
- Visit the Pinterest page. Then log in.
- Click on the rectangular search bar found at the top of the site.
- In the search bar, enter the name or username you want to find.
- To perform an advanced search, select the “People” button, which you can see right below the search bar. You can now start finding specific people.
Search for Someone on Pinterest by Facebook
If you want to learn how to find someone on Pinterest by Facebook, simply perform these steps:
- Open the Pinterest app. Log in to your account.
- Click on the Profile icon found on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Account settings from the list.
- Scroll down and choose Login options.
- Make sure to click on the check box for Facebook. Doing so will activate your Pinterest account with Facebook.
- To allow access to Facebook, select Continue. This will enable Pinterest to find users who linked their Pinterest account with Facebook.
- Once you’re back to the Pinterest page, click on the search icon with a magnifying glass.
- Enter the username or Facebook name. You can now see a list of suggestions.
- Choose the name that matches your search to check the profile page. Tap on the Follow option if you decide to follow the account.
Search for Someone on Pinterest by Email
You can also find people on Pinterest by email. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Pinterest’s page and log in to your account.
- Click on the three dots found at the top of the page.
- In the search box, enter the email address you’re looking for. The account will show if Pinterest already has a record of the email.
- Click on the name to visit the profile. In case you can’t find the email, you can choose the Invite option.
Find People Through Categories
When finding people based on categories, complete these steps:
- Launch the app and enter your login details.
- Click on the search bar to see the different categories that Pinterest offers.
- Select a category to find people who have made their boards from that category.
- Check the account and click Follow if you wish to.
Find People With Similar Pins
If you want to find people who share the same pins with you, refer to the steps below:
- Open the Pinterest application and log in.
- Select a pin.
- Browse the accounts that have pinned the same image. If you want to follow any of them, choose the Follow button.
Find Someone on Pinterest With Social Catfish
Pinterest is a simple yet interesting social platform that can nurture your creativity and connect you with people. But you should know how to find someone on Pinterest, especially if you have been a victim of scams. If you have exhausted your options and still can’t find them, we can always help. Perform a reverse search at Social Catfish simply by entering any name, email address, or social media username.