Do you need to perform a LinkedIn search? Whether your interest in LinkedIn is personal or professional, learn how to quickly and easily find whoever you’re looking for on the popular professional networking platform!
What is LinkedIn?
If you use LinkedIn, you’re probably aware that it’s one of the hottest professional networking platforms in North America. LinkedIn can be used as the go-to source for your career development or professional networking and has the added bonus of helping you track down almost anyone. LinkedIn can double as your online resume or CV and can be used to search for jobs or candidates. By using LinkedIn, you can also interact with others in your field and promote your expertise as a professional.
Why You Might Want to Perform a LinkedIn Search
LinkedIn can be a great source to connect with potential companies or for your resume to be viewed by others in your field. You can seek out people you’ve met in person but want to connect professionally. If you own your own company, you can recruit employees or connect with people you follow on other social media platforms. Some people use LinkedIn to verify that an individual has the job they have said they do or to track down an ex or current partner. Single parents might use LinkedIn to find out the other parent’s current job or profession.
How to Find Someone on LinkedIn
LinkedIn has many filters to help you find who you’re looking for. This is how you can use them for an accurate search.
- To search for someone on LinkedIn: Go to LinkedIn.com or the LinkedIn app. Locate the “Search” bar and enter your selection. This can be by name, title, company, or more. You can select from any items that show up or wait for all the search results to generate.
- How to make the search results more accurate: Once the search results have generated, click the “People” tab at the top of the page to search people by name and better filter your results.
- Add the company’s name: In the current company’s section (dropdown menu at the right), you can add the current company you are looking for or believe the person works at.
- Apply or go to profile: You can then go to any user’s profile on LinkedIn (assuming it is public) and/or apply for the company jobs that appear.
- Decide if you want your profile and searches to be visible to those you’ve searched for: If not, upgrade to a paid account or change your profile settings to private.
Didn’t find who you’re looking for? Consider searching by name, email address, phone number, username, or photograph at Social Catfish. Social Catfish is the best reverse search engine for finding who you are looking for. Using a high-powered algorithm-based search can paint a picture of someone’s web trail and give you the full scope of their online professional and personal profiles. Try an online search today!
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.