Social Catfish has partnered up with Orbitly to provide customers with a useful type of search called an API search. This is especially useful if you have a website, and want to use Orbitly to perform searches through your own website or app. All you need to do is request the searches through an HTTP request. Through one request, you could actually run up to 1,000 searches at a time easily through an API search. This is why it is important to know how to perform an API search using Orbitly and Social Catfish.
What is an API Search?
An API search is a type of reverse search that Orbitly provides where you can run a search on your own website or mobile app. From doing this, you can run up to 100 searches per minute based on the information you want to find from your website. All you need to do is provide names, email addresses, social media profiles, or phone numbers for each search to get the best results.
How to Perform an API Search
- Go to Orbitly and sign up for a membership, choosing the number of credits you want.
- Go onto your website’s HTTP requests and use a POST request to enter https://app.orbitly.io/api/leads
- Get your API Key on Orbitly’s website by going to Settings → Account → Developer
- Go to your HTTP headers and enter the below information.
5. Then enter the information of the requested people you want information from in this format.
6. Once you do this, the HTML should spit out responses that contain the contact information you need.
Why Would You Want to Perform an API Search?
- It makes it easier to run bulk searches on your website.
- You can put the data found from your searches on your website so that clients can contact your employees.
- You can pull data directly from your website, which makes running searches easier.
- You can find results simply by searching through a phone number, email address, or social media profile.
Social Catfish and Orbitly Are Here to Help You!
With Social Catfish and Orbitly, performing an API search just became a lot easier. If you would like to perform an API search, go to Orbitly’s website today to get started! If you would like to perform a search using Social Catfish, you can use the search bar below.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.