In this day and age, more people are relying on technology to meet new friends as opposed to meeting them in person. Instead of chatting with someone as they wait in line for coffee, most people go on their phones as they wait for their turn to order. While this might seem like a more comfortable solution to meet someone new instead of talking to a random stranger in public, it might actually be more dangerous. There are many instances where a user from a dating app met up with someone in person, only to be put in a dangerous situation. This is why it is important to know how to meet someone safely from Tinder and what to do if you’re on an uncomfortable date.
How to Meet Someone Safely From Tinder
- Check Out Their Social Media Before Meeting Them: If you know their name and know that they want to meet you in person, try looking up their social media profiles. This way, you can find out more about them before your date to see if they are the kind of a person you would like to get to know better. If you can’t find them on social media, they could be lying about their identity which is a red flag.
- Avoid Meeting Someone Who Wants to Know Too Many Details About You: If they are asking for your personal or financial information right off the bet, this could be a sign of trouble. Some people that date on dating apps don’t always have the best intentions in mind. They might be wanting to scam you out of money or commit identity fraud using your information! This is why it is always important to stay away from someone who asks for money, personal information, or financial information.
- Video Chat Them Before Meeting Them In-Person: Some people could be lying about their identity online due to a number of bad reasons. To avoid the possibility of meeting a catfish in person, video chatting with someone before meeting up with them is always a good idea. This way, you can verify that they match their profile picture online and they are who they say they are before pursuing them.
- Meet in a Public Place: When you first go on a date with someone from a dating app, avoid meeting them in a home, public park, workplace, or any other isolating location. This could be dangerous since you don’t know what their intentions are. Instead, meet them in a public place, such as a restaurant or coffee shop. That way, you will have people around you if something were to go wrong with your date.
- Tell a Loved One Before Meeting Up With Them: Before going on your date, it is always important to tell a loved one where you’re going and with who for your safety. That way if something were to happen to you, someone knows where you were supposed to go and with who. They could also be there to pick you up from your date if it turns out to be awkward or unsafe. Also, make sure to check in with your loved ones before and after your date so that they know you are safe.
- Have a Loved One Sit At a Nearby Table: If you don’t feel comfortable going by yourself, you can always have a loved one sit at a nearby table. That way if the date gets awkward, uncomfortable, or unsafe then you have someone that can get you out of it.
- Use Your Own Transportation When Meeting With Them: When going on a date with someone you have never met, it is always a good idea to take your own vehicle to your date or have a loved one take you to the date. That way, you can control when you arrive at the date and when you get to leave. You can also control where you go as opposed to someone else taking you somewhere you never consented to.
- Don’t Let Your Drink Leave Your Sight: Unfortunately, there are people out there who don’t always have the best intentions and will go as far as to drug their date’s drink. Therefore, if you need to go to the restroom or walk away from the table, it is always best to take your drink with you if you can. If you leave your drink at all, order a new one to be safe.
- Trust Your Gut and Intuition: If something feels off to you about your date, trust your gut and walk away from them. Usually, our gut always steers us in the right direction and can pinpoint someone’s character. Don’t stay just to be nice if you don’t feel comfortable on your date. Leave your date if you don’t feel comfortable or safe.
How To Get Out of an Uncomfortable Date
- Enlist help from a nearby waiter or bartender to leave your date.
- Call a loved one to pick you up from your date.
- Make up an emergency excuse as to why you need to leave early.
- Make sure that there are a lot of people around when you try to leave.
- Have a loved one call you claiming that there’s an emergency and need to leave.
- If you feel like you are safe, be honest about why it’s not working out.
- Use a rescue app, such as Noonlight or Bad Date Rescue, to help you out of a bad date.
- If you feel unsafe, pretend that you need to go to the bathroom and run out of the venue.
- Pay for your meal in cash so that it speeds up the bill.
- Make sure to contact local law enforcement if you feel like your safety is being threatened.
Social Catfish is Here to Help You Figure Out How to Meet Someone Safely From Tinder!
At Social Catfish, we want to help you verify the identities of those who might seem suspicious to you. If you have their name, email address, phone number, social media username, or image, you can reverse search and see who the suspected person was that you’ve been in contact with when figuring out how to meet someone safely from Tinder.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.