TikTok is a popular social media app where people post different types of videos on. Many people strive to be TikTok famous and post as many videos as they can to gain an audience. These videos can range from being funny to talk about different topics depending on what the channel focuses on. It’s a unique way to get to know the people you follow based on the content they post. Because of this, many people who are on the path of becoming TikTok famous might be wondering how to get verified on TikTok. In this article, we will go over how to become verified on TikTok, what your profile needs to become verified on TikTok, and other questions that you might be wondering when trying to become verified on TikTok.
How Does TikTok Verify Profiles?
Unlike platforms like Instagram or Twitter, you can not apply for verification yourself. Instead, the TikTok team will look at accounts that may require verification and will ask you to verify your account. Once you have verified your account, then you should have the TikTok blue checkmark next to your name.
You CANNOT purchase verification on TikTok! Verification will be granted based on criteria from the TikTok team. Scammers are claiming that you can purchase TikTok verification in order to steal hundreds or even thousands of dollars from you. If someone claims that they can verify your account for a fee, do not do it! They are lying to get their hands on your money and if they steal your money, there is nothing TikTok can do about it.
Why Is It Important to Verify Your TikTok Account?
If you have a big following, then it might be a good idea to try and get your TikTok account verified. This is due to the fact that scammers could steal your photos and videos and pretend to be you. They can then start conversing with random people using your photos and videos and come up with excuses as to why they need these victims’ money. Then, these victims fall for these scams until they realize that there are multiple profiles with those photos and videos. They then find your profile and start accusing you of scamming, even though you have no idea who these victims are.
While I wouldn’t focus solely on getting verified when making new content, it should still be on the back of your mind if you have a huge following. Just make sure to follow the list of criteria below if you want your account verified.
Also, if you want to see if a scammer is using your image, run a reverse search below:
What Criteria is TikTok Looking For to Verify Profiles?
- They are looking for someone who has a daily follower growth with at least 500-2,000 people a day.
- They are looking for accounts that get more views and watch time than the average video.
- They are looking for users who get a ton of media coverage from newspapers, TV shows, and magazines.
- They are looking for users who are constantly putting out content that goes viral.
- They are looking for people who are already verified on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
How to Get Verified on TikTok: Increase Your Chances of the TikTok Team Noticing You
- Consistently create amazing videos that you think people will love. Even though you have no control over whether or not you go viral, you can still produce videos that you think people will love. If enough people love it, they will spread the word to their friends and give you the recognition you deserve.
- Collaborate with other users and engage with your fans. Your followers will develop more of a relationship with you and will want to look at your videos more if you engage with their comments. Also if you collaborate with other users, then you’ll be able to gain their fan base and increase the number of followers you have.
- Try to get noticed by media coverage. Make videos of unique instances that no one else has done before to draw an audience and media coverage. Try to make connections to media platforms so that they will want to recognize your content on TikTok.
- Get your social media accounts verified on other platforms. Apply for verification on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram while they are connected to your TikTok account. Once you have the blue checkmark on these other platforms, then the TikTok team should notice your account pretty soon.
Make Sure Your TikTok Profile is Safe with Social Catfish
At Social Catfish, we want to help you verify a scammer’s identity if they have stolen your photos or identity. We can help you reverse search any name, email address, phone number, social media username, address, or image to see who has access to your personal information. If you would like to solve the mystery of where your information went and have some of the scammer’s information, make sure to use our search bar today!