Perhaps you’re wanting to locate a crush, lover, boyfriend or girlfriend, spouse, a potential date, or long-lost friend online and through social media. Regardless of the circumstance, there is usually a time when most people want to track down or learn how to find out if someone is on social media.
For some, it is to connect, while others are checking up on their spouse, lover, or date to see if they are using social media inappropriately behind their back.
Regardless of the reasons you want to search for someone, Social Catfish can do the handiwork for you in one quick step. The benefit is that Social Catfish will find the correct person you’re searching for and not just review one or two sites but ALL of the social media sites available. Should you want to try the steps on your own first, here are some of the best ways to search.
How to Find Out if Someone is on Social Media
1. Google Is Your Friend: Where would any of us be without Google! Google can give you an overview of someone’s world. Results can be so broad that they are not always accurate, but adding keywords can be helpful. A general Google search is a great first step, followed by more fine-tuned search words (like the name of the social media site or the individual’s location). There is a drawback, however. If the person you’re searching for has a very common name, (for example, John Smith), then results will prove less accurate than someone with a more unique or less popular name.
2. Social Media Frenzy: What is the social media site you use most or like best? Which site are you interested in searching? While most have a search field or option, you need to highlight the most specific details you can about the individual in question.
3. Name: First, make sure of the specific spelling of the person’s name. If you have limited or no results, try and spell their name in full and abbreviated form. For example, Jennifer, Jen, Jenny. Consider using their maiden and married names as well.
4. Location: Don’t just search their name, you should also search their location. If there is a specific location search field that will be most helpful. Try adding their city to the major search field (Facebook has both location search and main search area).
5. Place of Work: Another great additional search item is “place of work.” Should you not know their current workplace, start by Googling their name. Once a place of work is established, this can provide a much more accurate search, particularly on sites like Facebook or LinkedIn. Instagram is another popular social network searched. Google can link directly to all 3 sites, along with copycat imaging of past user updates.
Social Catfish is Here to Help You!
Still not getting the results you need? Instead of doing all the grunt work yourself, take the easy and accurate search, through Social Catfish! We have a reverse search platform that lets you search anyone by their name, email address, phone number, social media username, and image to find out more information about that person.