Wondering how to monitor the phone activities of your child or partner? Kids may be hiding some apps on their phones, which could include inappropriate photos and videos. Some spy apps may have been downloaded on your phone too without your knowledge. To help protect yourself or your child from any possible danger, learn how to find hidden apps by checking out the article below.
Common Secret Apps on an Android
Before we discuss the different steps on finding hidden apps, let’s take a look at the following popular secret apps on Android devices:
A common secret app for Android devices, Vault allows you to hide private images, videos, and other confidential files. You can also hide contacts, call logs, and private messages here.
This app looks like a harmless calculator on an Android phone. However, Secret Calculator is meant to hide photos, videos, and other sensitive files. You need to provide the password to access the app and open the images that your child may be hiding.
CoverMe is another popular app that you can use for private texts and calls. The app also allows you to secure contacts, texts, calls, images, videos, and other private files through a vault.
Best Secret Folder
While this app looks like a typical folder, it allows you to hide photos, videos, messages, and other private files. You will have to enter the password to open this folder. Then, it turns off if you enter the wrong password.
Finding Hidden Apps on Android Devices
You may see several apps on your child’s or partner’s home screen, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s all there is to it. Learn how to find hidden apps on an Android device using the steps below:
One easy way to discover hidden apps on an Android is through Settings. Here are the simple steps:
- Go to Settings. This looks like a gear that you can usually find in the app drawer or on the home screen.
- Then, scroll down to find Apps and Notifications. In other devices, this may only appear as Applications.
- Tap All or See All Apps. You’ll then see all the apps installed on the device. In some Android phones, you can tap Show Hidden Apps or Show System Process to view the secret apps.
Unraveling hidden apps using the app drawer includes the following steps:
- Tap the app drawer button or swipe up on the home screen to open the app drawer.
- Tap the three-dot button found on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then, choose the Hide Apps button. For some devices, you may see the Home Screen Settings option. Afterward, press Hide Apps.
You will then see the hidden apps not appearing on the app list. If the Hide Apps option is not available or the screen does not show any apps, this only means there are no hidden apps on the device.
You can also find hidden apps on an Android device through the Android File Manager or ES File Explorer app. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play Store and install the latest version of ES File Explorer file manager.
- Once installation is done, open ES File Explorer.
- Slide the Menu drawer right. Then, choose Tools.
- Scroll down to find the Show Hidden Files option, and toggle the button on. You will then see all the hidden apps on the Android device.
If you want to unhide hidden apps on Android, perform the following:
- Go to Settings, Applications, and then Application Manager.
- Scroll through all the apps displayed or tap More and then choose the Show System Apps option. For hidden apps, “Disabled” will appear together with the app name.
- Tap your chosen app. Then choose Enable, so the app will start showing.
Get Answers With Social Catfish
Finding information isn’t easy, making sense if it is even harder. That’s why Social Catfish is here to help. Search the deepest layers of the internet using just a name, phone number, email, or address to get the answers you are looking for.