Have you had enough of swiping right and left on Tinder? You might have created a Tinder account to find the one or even to just have some fun, but if you think it’s tiring you and not doing you any good, then you might want to delete your Tinder account. Read on as we discuss why someone would want to delete their account, how to delete your Tinder account, and how to reactivate or create a new Tinder account.
Why Someone Would Want To Delete Their Tinder Account
Already found your person? That’s great news! That also means there’s no more reason to use the app and entertain other people, so you’d want to delete your Tinder account. It’s also possible that you’ve simply grown sick of using Tinder. You don’t find the people you meet interesting. Or, they’re simply not your type, even after several tries of exchanging conversations and getting to know them. So, you’ve decided not to date online anymore and delete your Tinder account.
Using the dating app might have even affected your self-esteem. With few matches, you might think you’re not attractive enough. If using Tinder is no longer healthy for your mental and even physical health, then you might want to delete your account.
While trying to find romance online, there’s a chance you could have met a romance scammer instead. They hide their real identity using fake model-like images just to catch your attention. When you start falling in love with them and longing for their presence, they also begin requesting money. They might even ask you to send gifts or intimate photos that they’ll soon use to threaten you. Whether you have good or bad experiences, you might still end up wanting to delete your Tinder account.
How To Delete Your Tinder Account
Given that you’re ready to quit using the dating app, it’s time to learn how to delete your Tinder account. We’ve listed the steps for you:
Deleting your account via the web is easy. Simply execute the following:
- Log in to Tinder using any web browser.
- Click on My Profile found on the upper left of the page.
- Choose the Delete Account option located at the bottom.
- Click Delete Account again.
Note that deleting or uninstalling the Tinder app won’t delete your account. It also won’t delete your Tinder subscription if you used your Google Play ID or Apple ID. However, if you paid for your Tinder subscription with your credit card through Android or the web, your subscription will be automatically canceled once you delete your account.
Wondering how to delete your Tinder account using your Android device or iPhone? Refer to these steps:
- Open the Tinder application on your phone. Enter your login details if you’re not yet logged in.
- Click the profile icon found on the upper left of your screen.
- Choose Settings located in the middle of your screen.
- Choose the Delete Account option, which you can see at the bottom part of Settings.
- Then, you can choose from Pause my account or Delete my account. Tap the latter to permanently delete it.
- Provide your reason for deleting your Tinder account. Then, Tinder will ask whether you wish to delete the account or just hide it. Select Delete. You will receive a notification that your Tinder account was successfully deleted.
Hiding Your Tinder Account Temporarily
If you only wish to disable your Tinder account for a specific period, you can hide it temporarily by performing these steps:
- Open Tinder on your phone and log in.
- Tap the profile icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll to Show me on Tinder. Toggle it off so you can’t be seen by anyone trying to find their match. Note, however, that you can still see and talk to your matches.
How To Reactivate or Create a New Tinder Account
If you’re done taking a short break from Tinder, you can toggle the Show me on Tinder option to start finding new matches. If you want to create a new Tinder account, refer to the steps below:
- Reinstall Tinder on your mobile device.
- Choose a login method, whether you want it through Google, Facebook, or your phone number.
- Enter your phone number and click Continue.
- Start setting up your account depending on your dating preferences.
- Begin swiping and finding your matches.
- Visit Tinder using your preferred web browser.
- Click Log In found on the upper right of the page.
- Choose from Login with Google, Facebook, or phone number.
- Set up your Tinder profile based on who you want to date.
- Start swiping right or left.
Date at Your Own Pace: Social Catfish Is Here To Help
Whether you’ve already found the one or simply decided to take some time off and focus on yourself first, you have the option to delete your Tinder account. Date wisely, and perform a reverse search on our platform if you suspect someone’s not who they claim to be!