With almost three billion monthly active users, Facebook remains one of the biggest social media platforms. Most, if not all, use the network to stay connected with people, gain more friends, complete school activities, and even do business. However, you may find it so overwhelming, distracting, or toxic that you might be wondering if there’s an easy way “how to delete my Facebook account.” In this article, we will address why someone would want to delete their Facebook account, how to delete your Facebook account, and how to reactivate or create a new Facebook account. Keep reading to know your options!
Why Someone Would Want To Delete Their Facebook Account
While Facebook has become part of many people’s daily routines, some would prefer to delete their accounts. For example, you’re worried that Facebook will have another instance of data breaches and privacy scandals, making it an unsafe place to communicate with people and store your information.
Another reason to delete Facebook is to have a social media detox. Recent events may have been overwhelming, and you want to veer away from the negativities. Various Facebook posts from random friends may also have caused you to doubt yourself or compare yourself with others, affecting your mental health. If you want to enjoy life away from social media, you may consider deleting your Facebook account.
How To Delete Your Facebook Account
If you’re confident that you’ll never be using Facebook again, or you don’t mind creating a new one if you decide to go back to the social media world, then you can permanently delete your Facebook account.
If you’re using your computer, simply follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/deactivate_delete_account.
- Click the Delete Account option, which you see in the lower right corner of the page.
- Follow the steps to complete the deletion of your account.
If you want to delete your Facebook account using your mobile device, do the following:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone, and log in to your account.
- Tap the three bars located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Find Settings & Privacy after scrolling down.
- Choose the first option, which is Settings.
- Scroll down to find the Your Facebook Information part. Then, choose Account Ownership and Control. Note that the option next to it is Download Your Information. You can tap on this if you want a copy of all information you have shared on Facebook.
- Pick Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap the button beside Delete Account.
- Tap Continue to Account Deletion to permanently delete your account.
Facebook gives you a 30-day grace period, which means that you still have a chance to cancel or continue deleting your account.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account
If you only want to take a break from Facebook and not permanently delete your account, you can opt to deactivate it instead.
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/deactivate_delete_account.
- Choose Deactivate Account.
- Open the Facebook app, and enter your login details.
- Tap the three bars found in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to find Settings and Privacy.
- Pick Settings.
- Go to Your Facebook Information section, and then choose Account Ownership and Control.
- Choose Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap the button beside Deactivate Account to disable your account temporarily.
How To Reactivate or Create a New Facebook Account
If you think you’re ready to use Facebook again and want to reactivate your account, you can do the following:
Reactivating Your Facebook Account
- Open Facebook on your browser, or redownload the app on your phone.
- Enter the same login details you used before deactivating your account. You can then start using your Facebook account like you usually would.
Creating a New Facebook Account
If you’ve deleted your Facebook account but now decide to create a new account, here are the steps:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/.
- Click Create New Account.
- Provide your personal information, like name, mobile number or email, birthdate, gender, and password.
- Click Sign Up.
- Confirm your phone number or email address to finish setting up your new Facebook account.
Deleting Facebook Account: Stay Protected With Social Catfish
Facebook allows you to build and maintain relationships with other people and do lots of other things, whether for school, work, or business. However, as we’ve presented, you may ask “how to delete my Facebook account” if you think it’s no longer healthy for you, or you just want to protect your privacy and sanity.
If you think someone’s trying to take advantage of your name or identity, find out who they are using the reverse platform of Social Catfish!