Are you looking for someone on Hinge and want to know how to perform a Hinge search? Don’t waste time searching on the app and have your profile blocked by the person you’re searching for. If you want to find an ex-lover, current partner, or someone you’ve connected with, this is how you can find them quickly and easily.
What is Hinge?
Hinge is a dating app that lets you connect with people who are local to you. This style of matching is based on the premise that commonalities can help you strike up a conversation and have more in common. While you still get to select like or dislike, similar to swiping apps like Tinder and Bumble… Hinge lets you know when you have been at the same restaurants and locations as your matches. The name of the game on Hinge? Fall in love based on proximity and habits.
Why Would You Want to Run a Hinge Search?
The reasons why someone would want to find another Hinge user are as varied as the reasons why people use dating apps in the first place. Maybe you are looking for someone you accidentally unmatched or left swiped on another site, and hope to match with them on Hinge. Or, you could be dating or married to someone with a wandering eye and want to see if they’re trolling for matches in your community. You could be verifying the identity of a scammer or spammer or hoping to match with someone you’ve seen in person.
How to Find Someone on Hinge
- Set up a new profile: If you want to find a long-lost love or someone on the app, use your real profile. If you want to find out if your partner is cheating on you, consider using a friend’s profile or a profile with limited information.
- If you’re searching for someone you know: Try going to a location they frequent and see if they pop up in your feed. Swipe “like” and, if they do the same, you will connect.
- Check your matches often: Make sure that you check matches often and after going to popular hot spots and swipe “yes” to match with the profile you’re searching for.
- Always update your settings: Use the settings icon in the lower right corner of Hinge to adjust the preferences you’re looking for. Make sure that you set “Dealbreakers” to “on” as these give you strict preference options and can help you find a specific person.
- Search Range: If you are having trouble locating someone through a Hinge search alone, try a high-powered algorithm-based search instead. Using a proprietary search like Social Catfish, you can find out information that isn’t available on Hinge alone. Reverse search by name, username, phone number, email address, and photograph. Unlike a standard search, this will allow you to scour the internet and give you all possible links to the person you’re searching for.
Social Catfish is Here to Help You!
While it can be difficult to find someone on a dating app, combining your Hinge search tools with other search tools will bring you the most accurate results. You can also use the profile photograph of a user on Hinge on Social Catfish and run a reverse image search to see if that image was used elsewhere on the web. Since scammers steal photographs from Google or Bing, you can never be too sure about who you’re talking to on the other side of the screen.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.