If you’re at all familiar with the video gaming world or know of people who are, you might have heard of the game called Fortnite. It’s a game where you’re in a world fighting enemies and you can customize your character to whatever you want to. It’s popular amongst all ages, including celebrities, famous YouTubers, professional athletes, and other mega gamers. Because of this, it could be difficult to find your friends if you both went online at the same time. However, there is an easier way to find your friends on this game when you perform a Fortnite Search.
How to Perform a Fortnite Search Using Their Epic Display Name
- Go onto Fortnite on whichever console or device you use.
- Look for the social icon in the top left corner and open it.
- Click on the option to “Add Friends.”
- Enter the Epic Display Name of the person you would like to add.
- Note: You need the Epic Display Name of your friend to add them. An Xbox gamer tag, PlayStation name, or Nintendo Switch account won’t turn up any results.
- Click on the Add Friend icon next to their Epic Display Name
- A notification will tell you that your friend request was successfully sent.
- Once they accept your friend request, you will then be able to see if they are online or not.
- You can click “Party Up” to meet with any online friends!
Why Aren’t My Friends Showing Up on My Friends List?
You could have cross-platform play turned off on your Epic account without even realizing it! Follow the steps below to turn it back on.
How to Turn on Cross-Platform Play on My Account
- Open Fortnite on your console or device that you are using.
- Select the Fortnite menu icon
- Select the icon that looks like a person.
- Go onto the gear icon once the setting page displays.
- Scroll down the list until you see Allow Cross-Platform Play and select the right arrow to turn it on. Make sure it says Yes in the box to ensure it is on.
- Return to the lobby and click on the menu icon. Your friends should now be displayed on your friend’s list!
Fun Fact: When Fortnite first launched, PlayStation 4 players were prohibited from playing with their Xbox One and Nintendo Switch friends. Now, the prohibition has lifted and they can play with whomever they want to.
An Additional Way to Add Your Friends!
You can add friends to your Fortnite squad without having to even launch the game! Just follow these steps:
- Download the Epic Games App onto your PC
- Launch the Epic Games App
- Go to your Friends section on the left side of your screen
- Click “Add a Friend”
- Enter your friend’s email address and click send
If you can’t find your friends with a Fortnite Search…
Social Catfish is Here to Help You!
At Social Catfish, we can help you find lost connections with your friends who might have Fortnite as well. We can help you reverse search any name, email address, phone number, address, social media username, or image to find out more information on the person you would like to find.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.