eBay continues to be one of the biggest online shopping sites. Here, you can either buy or sell products and services. You can find any item for sale or auction on eBay. Given how useful and convenient the site is, you must know how to conduct an eBay search. Read on to learn how to find someone on eBay in different ways.
eBay Search: What Is eBay?
eBay is a website that allows you to buy and sell new or second-hand products and services online. You can check out all products that you can imagine — from clothes, collectibles, and antiques, to electronics. eBay is popular for online auction, where a seller lists a specific item and then buyers place bids on the product.
Buy It Now options are also available, where the first one who agrees to pay the given amount will get the product. Facilitating fast and easy online transactions between buyers and sellers, eBay is indeed one of the biggest e-commerce websites available in various countries.
eBay Search: How To Find Someone on eBay
To maximize your use of this online shopping site, you must know how to find someone on eBay. Below, we will share with you the different ways to find a seller on eBay:
By User ID
- Go to ebay.com, and log in to your account.
- Then, pick the “Advanced” option, which you can see on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “By Seller” option from “Items” located on the left part of the screen.
- Check the boxes labeled “Only show items from” and “Specific seller.”
- In the Specific seller’s box, provide the seller’s user ID.
- You can modify the search parameters for more specific results. In the Sort by option, you can limit the number of results to appear. For instance, if the seller has around 300 listings, you can set it to 50 listings on 6 different pages.
- Click “Search” to find specific eBay sellers.
By Name or Email
- Proceed to ebay.com, and enter your login details.
- Select the “Advanced” option found on the right side of the page.
- Choose “Find contact information” or “Find a member” under “Members.” You can see it on the left part of the screen. The first option is for accepting emails from eBay regarding the seller’s contact details. Meanwhile, the second option is for finding the eBay profiles of sellers and the specific products that they’re offering.
- Enter the seller’s email address or user ID.
- Complete the CAPTCHA. Note that this will be displayed if you click on the Find a Member option.
- Hit “Search.”
- If you’ve requested the seller’s information, expect an email from eBay.
- Click the user ID to check the link located in the upper right corner of the page.
By Item Number
- Go to ebay.com, and provide your login information.
- On the upper right side of the page, pick the “Advanced” option.
- Select “By item number” from “Items” located on the left column of the screen.
- In the box, enter the number that you’re trying to find.
- Hit “Search.”
- Then, click on your chosen title of the listing.
- You will see the username of the seller on the right part of the page, under seller information.
- Proceed to ebay.com and then sign in to your account.
- Select the “Advanced Option” found in the top right corner of the page.
- Under “Items” in the left column of the screen, pick “By Seller.”
- Check the box that indicates “Only show items from” under the Seller option.
- Provide the seller’s user ID in the sellers’ box.
- To look for a specific item, enter a keyword in the “Enter keywords” or “Item number box” options.
- Click the search option at the bottom part of the screen to find the seller.
Using iPhone’s App
- To start your eBay search, launch the app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the app, you will see the search tab.
- Enter the seller’s name on the Search option.
- Browse through the search result page to find the name of the seller.
- Tap on the name of the seller you’re trying to find.
Complete an eBay Search With Social Catfish
As we have shared above, learning how to find someone on eBay involves entering user IDs, email addresses, item numbers, or keywords on the site. In case you’ve tried all options and still can’t find someone on eBay, Social Catfish has got you covered. Simply go to our page and complete a reverse search using their name, phone number, or email address.
No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.