Most people are already aware of Craigslist, but unfortunately, it doesn’t have a visible public profile for users to check during transactions. As a matter of fact, you don’t even need to be registered on Craigslist or have an account to post an ad, since everything can be managed via your email account. With that said, sellers who want to create a post within the discussion forums do need to have a “handle” or a username to do so. But what happens when you can’t find the person behind this name? Here, we share a comprehensive guide on how to perform a Craigslist search.
What is Craigslist?
Craigslist is a website used for posting and viewing advertisements available locally. On a basic level, it works much like the Classifieds section of newspapers but is presented digitally. You can find pretty much anything on Craigslist, from jobs, garage sales, and apartments to personal ads used cars, and more while being completely free to use.
Many use Craigslist as a platform to easily and quickly connect with people nearby who are looking to buy, find, or sell anything under the sun. Because it is a free resource, people can find things here that would otherwise be hidden away as a result of the seller not wanting to pay for classified ads. If you’re lucky, you might even score something for free; you just need to be willing to pick it up.
Craigslist Search: How To Find Someone On Craigslist
Below are steps that you can use to find a particular person that you may have a transaction with on Craigslist.
- Look up “craigslist.com.”
- Access your account by clicking on “My Account.”
- Enter your details and sign in to your Craigslist account. If you don’t have a Craigslist account yet, you may create one by clicking on “Sign up for an account.”
- Head over to the “Craigslist” link found in the top-left corner of the page.
- Click the “Discussion Forums” heading.
- Because you can’t view other people’s handles without having one of your own, you’ll need to click on “Add a handle” found in the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill out the corresponding “New Handle” form.
- Click on the “Submit New Handle” button at the bottom of the page.
- Go back to the forums by clicking on “Return to the forums” found on the top-left corner of the page.
- Click on any of the topics in the forum.
- Using a person’s Craigslist handle name or email address, type in these details on the box located by the top-right side of the page.
- Start the search by clicking on the “lookup” button.
- When you see the right information, click on the person’s handle. Their profile will then appear on the right side of the page at the top of the column.
Craigslist Search: How To Find Ads Using a Craigslist Email ID
The following steps below will allow you to use a Craigslist Email ID to check on ads posted by the same person on this online classifieds platform.
- Look up “craigslist.com.”
- Head over straight to the Craigslist Search box which is located in the left pane then types in the 10-digit Ad ID number.
If you don’t know where to find the 10-digit ad identification number, look up the Craigslist user’s email address. The digits which preceded the “@” symbol make up the Craigslist user’s ad ID number.
For instance, let’s say that the email address is email@example.com. Go ahead and type 9203753618 into Craigslist’s Search box.
- You will then notice a drop-down box just under the Search box — change this to correspond to the location of the original ad.
- Now, click on the arrow you see under the Search box, where you should be able to find the ad you’re looking for.
Social Catfish is Here to Help You!
At Social Catfish, we can help you locate people on social media. If you still can’t find the person you’re after on Craigslist, head over to our website and perform a reverse search using any name, phone number, email address, social media username, or even through an image. No matter what you need, we’ll be able to help you get in touch with lost connections and verify a person’s identity online. We’re people verification and search professionals, so visit us today and get the results you’re looking for.