Do you want to find someone on Cash App? Whether you’re looking to send money to friends or family, or want to locate an online connection, this is everything that you need to know to find who you’re looking for and send (or receive!) money safely. Remember, you can avoid being scammed and protect your wallet by making good choices, searching safely, and using Cash App the right way. Here are some ways as to how to find someone on Cash App.
First, What is Cash App?
Cash App is a money payment service that was developed by Square, Inc. It allows its users to send/receive money from their phone mobile device to/from another. No one wants to use cash when they can quickly and easily send money using their phones! Using Cash App is convenient when you need to send money to a friend (for instance, to pay your share of a bill), lose your wallet and need some help from a family member, or to avoid using checks or paper money.
How Do Scammers Use Cash App?
Boasting millions of users, CashApp is a convenient way to send money … but also a method that scammers may ask for funds through! Scams on Cash App include fake money requests, asking innocent users to accept stolen money, or overpayment scams (where the scammer closes their bank account before the funds transfer back to you or use a stolen account).
While most transactions are legit and Cash App works hard to avoid scams, the app is also used by romance scammers and catfish who pretend to be someone they aren’t, get you to trust them, and then ask you for money! Warn your family, children, friends, and (especially!) elderly adults not to trust money requests through Cash App, unless they are positive that they are sending the funds to the correct account for someone they know and trust!
How to Find Someone on Cash App
This is how you can find who you’re looking for in a few easy steps! Remember, you will only be able to find people who have the Cash App downloaded. However, people can send an invite to someone who does not currently use Cash App and they will receive $5 if the recipient downloads the app and then refers the app to someone else. If you receive an unsolicited invite for the app, keep this in mind.
1. Go to the Google Play (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
2. Download the app and create your account. Once it’s created, you can send or receive peer-to-peer (just avoid peer-to-scammer) payments.
3. Select The “Person Icon”. To find someone, select the “person” icon on the upper right side of the screen. User Tip: It looks like a person with a circle around them.
4. Use “Invite Friends”: Next, Select the green “Invite Friends, Get $5” option.
5. Try a Basic Search. Once the search screen pops up, manually enter or search by name, phone number, or email using your contact list. Add anyone you want to find easily to your phone’s contact list for an easy search and sync. Once you see the results, anyone who already uses Cash App will have a green alert next to their name. Not surprisingly, it will say, “Uses Cash App.”
And Lastly… Social Catfish is Here to Help You!
6. Try a Smart Search. If you don’t know the user’s email or phone, but have their name (or vice versa), then go to Social Catfish. Social Catfish connects you with the broadest and most thorough search available and scours the web to find who you’re looking for.
Think a scammer tried to get money from you on Cash App? Let us know in the comments! Cash App may be convenient, but being scammed is always a hassle. Search today and be sure to use Social Catfish to find any app or internet user’s web trail. Search the right way… get “Social” and find and locate Romance Scammers and Catfish!